* We are a charity based in Warrington working together
promoting independence since 1951.
* We help adults with learning disabilities to live independent
lives and have equal rights. We work in a person centred way
ensuring the individual receiving support is in control.
* We run social clubs, organise day trips and run small group
holidays as well as holding various fundraising events throughout the year.
* We have four supported houses where small groups of friends live together with staff supporting them to be as independent as possible. All our staff are trained and are CRB checked.
* We also have staff providing support to people in their own homes and in their family homes. This can vary from just a few hours a week or everyday.
* The support we provide can be for many different things which all help towards an individual becoming more independent and living a fulfilled and varied life.
We are affiliated to the national charity Mencap, but we are a separate charity, run by local people. We don’t receive any funding from national Mencap but we do work with them on some projects to improve the lives of people who have a learning disability.
Warrington Mencap, Suites 3-5, 3 Bewsey Rd, Warrington, WA2 7LN 01925 232260